Key Performance Indicators are measurements and projections that can help a management team make decisions about the Strategic and Tactical Plans for the future of an organization.
Many business requirements describe operational necessities of an application or a business App or Function but how should we expect a Requirement for a K P I automated function be stated?
In the following list, I would like to prompt / instigate some higher order thinking about Requirements that we can document to be included in our new application development efforts so that the app can support or anticipate how the active executive or decision making management of an organization can use the operational data to consider new decisions:
- What is a predictive inventory forecasting tool?
- What could it be used for?
- What could dynamic Purchase Order generation do for our organization?
- What would we base the automated PO Generation on?
- Could we predict the need for additional staff in specialized areas of our product or service delivery organizations?
- Based on what criteria?
- What information would be useful to re-design manufactured products to increase useful life, reduce maintenance costs, and provide more value to our Customers?
What questions would YOU like to ask of your operational data that could help you make critical business model decisions in the foreseeable future?